Minimum Day - Friday, June 2nd.
Last Day of School and Minimum Day - Thursday, June 8th.
T/K and K - 5th grade students are dismissed at noon. Please pick up students on time!
Mentone Elementary is a PROUD member of the No Excuses University Network of Schools.
|New immunization requirements for the 2016-2017 school year/SB 277: All incoming Kindergarten and 7th grade students must have current immunizations on record to begin school on August 10, 2016. California law SB 277 no longer allows personal or religious beliefs exemptions. Click here for more information.|
RUSD Elementary Bands
The Elementary Instrumental Music Program offers instruction in woodwind, brass, and string instruments to 4th and 5th grade students. Orchestra students meet once per week and perform in various concerts throughout the year. Band students meet once per week for lessons and also participate in an after-school rehearsal once per week that combines students from several schools for a large ensemble experience. Elementary Band students perform in the Redlands Christmas Parade, the Redlands Lincoln Pilgrimage, the REV Musical Festival, and the RUSD All-District Musical Festival.
Participation in the Elementary Instrumental Music Program builds foundational skills for future music education and promotes self-confidence, teamwork, school engagement, and overall higher academic achievement.
Director of Elementary Bands Adelle Glass Musical Specialist / Band Assistant Tre Moreland Musical Specialist / Band Assistant Taylor Lane Musical Specialist/Band Assistant Courtney Otis
Elementary Bands Contact Number: 909-748-6747
2016-2017 REGISTRATION INFORMATION
2016-2017 REGISTRATION INFORMATION (Spanish)
2016-2017 AFTER-SCHOOL BAND INFORMATION
Charms Office Assistant - Login
Band Holiday Concert - 6:30pm - at Mission Elementary School. Students should be dropped off at 5:00pm for a rehearsal before the concert.
Map of Mission Elementary
Christmas Parade Parent Information
Christmas Parade Permission Slip
Map of Christmas Parade Route
Map to Crafton School - Rehearsal Site for Christmas Parade
(Saturday, 11/21/15 2-4pm)
If you have not yet submitted a permission slip, please print the appropriate slip and return it to your school office or to your band class next week. Any student that turns in their slip after the initial due date will join After-School Band the week of October 19th.
- After School Band Information and Permission Slips:
- Mondays @ Mission (includes Mission, McKinley, Victoria, Bryn Mawr & Smiley)
- Tuesday @ Crafton (includes Crafton, Mentone, Lugonia, Franklin, & Judson Brown)
- Wednesdsay @ Arroyo Verde (includeds Arroyo Verde, Cram, & Highland Grove)
- Thursday @ Kimberly (includes Kimberly, Mariposa, & Kingsbury)
- First Lesson Sheets:
- Weekly Music Schedules:
- Arroyo Verde Elementary School
- Bryn Mawr Elementary School
- Crafton Elementary School
- Cram Elementary School
- Franklin Elementary School
- Highland Grove Elementary School
- Judson & Brown Elementary School
- Kimberly Elementary School
- Kingsbury Elementary School
- Lugonia Elementary School
- Mariposa Elementary School
- McKinley Elementary School
- Mentone Elementary School
- Mission Elementary School
- Smiley Elementary School
- Victoria Elementary School